WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS
Revision Military (“Revision”) warrants its products to be free of defects in material and workmanship for the following periods after the date of first sale (the “Warranty Period”):
- Eyewear: 3 years
- Fan Goggles: 1 year
- Helmet shell: 7 years
- Helmet components-non consumable (fit band, hardware, buckles): 3 years
- All other products-including consumable components (comfort layer, impact pads, retention system): 1 year
- Power Systems: 1 year
- ComCentr2 Headset non-consumable items: 1 year
- ComCentr2 Headset consumable components (ear cushions, headband cover, boom mic foam): 1 year
Only the original purchaser of a product is eligible for warranty coverage.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
Revision will not provide warranty coverage for:
- Damage due to accident or acts of nature.
- Damage due to neglect, abuse, misuse, or mishandling.
- Damage caused by improper storage or improper maintenance.
- Damage caused by use of solvents, adhesives or other caustic chemicals.
- Normal wear and tear, including scratched lenses and visors.
- Damage resulting from alteration, changes, or repairs not authorized in writing by Revision.
- Any other damage caused by anything other than defects in materials or workmanship.
If you make any modifications, changes or alterations to this product without Revision’s authorization in writing, this warranty will be void.
Revision’s Batlskin user manual provides information regarding the components of your Revision Batlskin Viper Head Protection System. Revision has developed the Batlskin Head Protection System for blunt forces, blast and ballistic protection in a scalable, lightweight package that’s fully modular and fully integrated.
It is important to follow the instructions on how to adjust your head protection system. Poor adjustment and over tightening of bolts may compromise the system’s ability to provide the protection it is designed to deliver.
WHAT REVISION WILL DO TO CORRECT PROBLEMS
If the product or a part of the product fails to perform due to a defect in materials or workmanship during the Warranty Period, we will repair or, at our option, replace the defective product or part with the same or comparable item at no charge to you for parts or labor. We will make all reasonable efforts to repair or replace the product within 90 days, subject to the availability of parts. We will do our best to match colors and styles but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to send back the product in the exact same color and style.
In the event that the product cannot be repaired and a suitable replacement item is not available, we will refund the original purchase price shown on your proof of purchase. Our repairs or replacements are warranted only for the remainder of the original Warranty Period.
WHAT YOU MUST DO TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
To file a warranty claim, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-383-6049.
Our mailing address is:
Revision Military Ltd., Attn: Warranty Claims, 7 Corporate Drive, Essex Junction, VT 05452
You must contact Revision at the e-mail address or phone number provided above to file a warranty claim.
When you e-mail or call us to file a warranty claim, please provide us with the following information:
1. Your name, return shipping address, phone number and email address.
2. The name of the product and a description of the manufacturing defect.
3. The date you purchased the product, the product receipt or invoice and the name of the dealer, distributor, or store where you purchased the product.
After we have received your warranty claim information, you will be responsible for shipping the defective product to us at your own expense. Remember to include your original receipt or invoice from Revision or from a Revision authorized dealer or reseller; we must receive this in order to process your warranty claim. Please keep your tracking information on file. Unless our customer service department informs you otherwise in writing, Revision authorized dealers or resellers and other companies are not permitted to perform warranty service on our products.
Until we have had a chance to examine the merchandise, we cannot guarantee that any damage to the merchandise is covered by this warranty policy. If we have any questions about the manner in which our products were handled or stored, we ask that you provide us with that information; otherwise, we may be required to deny your warranty claim. If we cannot perform warranty service on a product because it is not covered by this policy, we will be happy to return the product to you, provided that you pay return shipping.
RIGHTS AND REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU
In the event any Revision product is found to be defective in material or workmanship, our only obligation to you and your only remedy shall be to repair, replace or refund the purchase price of products, which you may only obtain through complying with the procedure described in this warranty policy.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IS IN LIEU OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR OTHER WARRANTY OF QUALITY, OR THOSE ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, CUSTOM OR USAGE OF TRADE. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, REVISION WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) ARISING FROM THIS PRODUCT, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ASSERTED. THE REMEDIES IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE EXCLUSIVE, EXCEPT FOR ANY THAT MAY BE PROVIDED BY YOUR STATE. CHECK YOUR OWN STATE LAW FOR ANY ADDITIONAL WARRANTY RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
BATLSKIN® HEAD PROTECTION SYSTEMS
For safety reasons, read this manual to ensure proper Head Protection System assembly and fit. A Head Protection System that is not properly fitted may result in serious injury or death due to ballistic, blunt force or blast impact.
HELMET FIT WARNINGS
- A helmet that is not properly fitted to head may result in serious injury or death due to ballistic, blunt force or blast impact.
- A helmet that has been impacted must be replaced as soon as possible as it will no longer offer the same level of protection in the event of a second impact.
FRONT MOUNT WARNINGS
- If front mount is not installed, all holes must be filled with bolts & t-nuts to maintain ballistic protection. Unfilled holes in the helmet shell may lead to serious injury or death.
- A damaged front mount may not hold headborne equipment in place securely. Unsecured headborne equipment may obstruct vision leading to serious injury or death.
RETENTION SYSTEM WARNINGS
- Retention system strap anchors must be covered by the helmet liner at all times.
- Ensure helmet is secure on the head by adjusting retention straps securely and evenly so that the helmet is stable and level.
- Damage to the webbing, stitching, or hardware means the helmet may not remain securely on the head during use. Replace retention system immediately if damage occurs. Serious injury or death could occur due to an insecure helmet.
- If the liner experiences any impact while being worn or the soldier experiences a concussion while wearing the helmet, the liner must be replaced. It will not provide the same impact protection for a second impact and serious injury or death could result if the liner is not replaced.
- Use only specified liner and retention system. Failure to do so may result in injury or death.
- Removing liner pads will compromise impact protection and may result in injury or death.
- Damage to the liner comfort foam will compromise the impact protection offered by the helmet. Replace the liner if foam is exposed, damaged or missing.
- Using the wrong size helmet may reduce protection, affect stability of the helmet, cause physical and thermal discomfort, limit head range of motion or change compatibility with other equipment.
- Liner must be flush with helmet trim and retention system hardware must be covered by the liner. Failure to do this may allow the hardware to come into contact with the user’s head and could lead to injury or death.
MODULAR SUSPENSION SYSTEM WARNINGS
- If the liner experiences any significant impact event while being worn or the soldier experiences a concussion while wearing the helmet, the liner must be replaced. It will not provide the same impact protection for a second impact and serious injury or death could result.
- Removing parts of the liner will compromise protection and may result in injury or death.
- Damage to the comfort foam in the brow pad or around the fit band could reduce the protection offered by the helmet. Replace brow pad and/or fit band if foam is exposed, damaged or missing.
- Using the wrong size helmet may reduce protection, affect stability of the helmet, cause physical and thermal discomfort, limit head range of motion or change compatibility with other equipment. Proper fit is essential.
- Brow pad must be flush with helmet trim and must cover the retention system hardware. Failure to line the brow pad up in this manner may allow the hardware or helmet brim to come into contact with the user’s head during impact and could lead to injury or death.
- Ensure helmet is secure on the head by adjusting retention straps securely and evenly so that the helmet is stable and level.
- Damage to the webbing, stitching, or hardware means the helmet may not remain securely on the head during use. Replace retention system immediately if damage occurs. Serious injury or death could occur due to an unsecure helmet.
MANDIBLE GUARD WARNINGS
- The mandible guard must be properly secured to the helmet to provide protection during an impact. If not properly secured, injury or death may result during impact.
- A mandible guard that has experienced any impact while being worn or if a soldier experiences a concussion while wearing the mandible, the mandible must be replaced. It will not provide the same impact protection for a second impact and serious injury or death could result if the liner is not replaced.
BALLISTIC VISOR WARNINGS
- A visor that is not properly fitted to the helmet may result in serious injury or death in case of ballistic, blunt force, or blast impact.
- A visor that has been impacted during a severe impact event must be replaced as soon as possible as it will no longer offer the same level of protection in the event of a second impact.
- Damage to the visor arm may render the device incapable of supporting the visor. Do not use if arm is damaged as it may compromise protection and could result in injury or death.
- Do not use this visor for protection against laser light unless using a laser specialty lens. Laser light can cause permanent damage to eyes even if wearing this visor.
- Do not use for chemical splash or chemical vapor exposure protection.
- Do not use ammonia, alkaline cleaners, abrasive cleaning compounds or solvents when cleaning visor. Use of certain sol¬vents may lower the impact resistance of the visor.
SENSYS COMCENTR2™ TACTICAL HEADSET SYSTEM
For safety reasons, ensure proper assembly and fit of the ComCentr2 Tactical Headset System. A ComCentr2 headset that is not properly fitted may result in Noise-Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL) due to unprotected exposure to high noise levels.
HEADSET FIT WARNINGS
- A ComCentr2 headset that is incorrectly worn properly on the head will not provide the correct clamping pressure required to block out harmful noises.
- Ear cups that are not properly sealed to the user’s ears will reduce the headset’s ability to reduce harmful noise, lowering the stated protection level.
- Ear cups that are incorrectly sealed will allow noise to leak into the ear cavity, lowering in the stated protection level.
Note: A gentle press on the outside of the ear cup will allow the feeling of air pressurization. Any feeling of air escaping around the outside of the ear cushion seal indicates a badly fitted headset. In the case of a bad seal, quickly leave and high noise environment, remove the headset and consult the user manual for setup.
HEADSET OPERATION WARNINGS
- The ComCentr2 headset is supplied with a Communications Limiter allowing only communications below 105dB SPL to pass to the ear before the sound is compressed. This Limiter is designed to protect the user from equipment malfunction and/or Electron Magnetic Pulses. The Communications Limiter cannot be used for dosage management, and the continued listening to music at the level of the limiter for greater than 1 hour will exceed the noise dosage and potentially cause Noise-Induced Hearing Loss.
- The ComCentr2 headset is tested under ANSI S12 (U.S.) regulation and EN352 (EU) which provides a general estimation of the noise environment that this protector can be used. Any questions regarding whether the protection level is appropriate for the environment you are exposed to, please address your Health & Safety Coordinator or management for clarification.